[sane-devel] -backends compile error (Makefile, line 125)

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof@findus.dhs.org
Sat, 25 May 2002 14:16:41 +0000

--------------7EBC79C2BD070A71EC6720B6

> Please give us some more info: Your operating system (+distribution),
> the compiler + version and the C library + version.

Slackware 8, GCC 2.95.3, libc 2.2.5.

> > making all in backend
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/root/sane-backends-1.0.8-pre1/backend'
> > Makefile:125: *** Insufficient number of arguments (0) to function
> > `basename'.  Stop.
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/sane-backends-1.0.8-pre1/backend'
> > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I don't see any "basename" in line 125. Can you show us the lines
> around line 125 in Makefile?

        done
        tar chzf $(distdir).tar.gz $(distdir)
        rm -fr $(distdir)		[THIS IS LINE 125 for me]

$(PACKAGE)-$(VERSION).tar.gz: dist

sane-backends: dist lsm

> Which version of make do you use (make --version)? Is it GNU make?

GNU Make version 3.79

> string2.h isn't used nor included in SANE anywhere so I guess that's a
> problem with your C library. Can you show us some of these warnings
> with a little context please?

I've attached sane-backends_compile.log.bz2. I run across these warnings
in
various applications. If the warnings turn out to be fatal, I can always
pass --disable-werror and --disable-more-warnings to fix it. It's not
fatal in SANE-backends though.

Sorry for not giving all the appropriate information at first (I'm
usually not this sloppy).

Thanks.
--------------7EBC79C2BD070A71EC6720B6

BZh9=17rE8P=90=00=00=00=00