[sane-devel] HP 4100C USB issues

Alan Davis adavis@saipan.com
Sun, 26 May 2002 10:21:31 +1000

I am using kernel 2.4.18 on one machine and 2.4.17 on another, both Debian sid (unstable) boxes.  I have found it problematical to get the HP 4100C working.  One box (2.4.18) is using the standard uhci usb driver, and the other runs the ohci driver.  Any semblance of success has been with the UHCI driver, but I haven't really gotten the setup right yet on the OHCI machine.

The following notes apply to the UHCI driver.

--
adavis@saipan.com                                     1-670-322-6580
    Alan E. Davis,  PMB 30, Box 10006, Saipan, MP 96950-8906, CNMI

I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give up any
hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist forming one
on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be opposed to it.
                                  -- Charles Darwin (1809-1882)