[sane-devel] sane backends w/umax_pp patch --> rpm

Tim tbj2@swbell.net
Mon, 27 May 2002 06:39:51 -0500

Hello, I am needing to get my umax parport scanner running under Linux.  I
have successfully installed the patch and compiled, and got the scanner to
work.

The problem is, under KDE, when I uninstall the stock version of sane via
rpm, it forces me to remove many other useful apps that I really want.  It
then will not allow me to reinstall these until the package manager is
satisfied that sane has been reinstalled (via rpm I'm assuming).  Is it
possible to compile sane with the umax_pp patch into an rpm file so I can
then install it via rpm to satisfy the package manager?

Or if anyone has another solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Tim Johnson