[sane-devel] Plustek Scanner (again)

Keith Bates kbates@pastors.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 15:18:10 +1000

Hi everyone.

Some months ago, after much help from the list, I managed to get my plustek scanner going.

I have now upgraded from RH7.1 to 7.3 and in the process deleted my previous software settings. So I am back to installing SANE and plustek- driver, and I am back to having problems!

I have sane backend 1.07 and plustek driver 0.41.4

When I do "make load" on the plustek driver, I get:

/sbin/modprobe pt_drv || exit 1
/lib/modules/2.4.18-3/misc/pt_drv.o: init_module: Success
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including incorrect IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.4.18-3/misc/pt_drv.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/misc/pt_drv.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.18-3/misc/pt_drv.o: insmod pt_drv failed
make: *** [load] Error 1

I went into the mailing list archives and followed advice previously given to me i.e. edit dll.conf and ld.config. i have also created /dev/pt_drv.

After all this I still can't get my scanner going... scanimage -L says it cannot find a scanner.

Thank you for any advice you can give.
--
God bless you,

Keith Bates