[sane-devel] Here's an easy question

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Thu, 30 May 2002 04:59:25 -0400

On Thursday 30 May 2002 03:45 am, Rachael Hirt wrote:
>Okay, I'm lazy and it's late (3:43am). I have a
>question......................... someone tell me what scanner I
> should buy that would work great in linux! ^^;; I have the only
> freaking Epson scanner that DOESN"T work in Linux (Epson
> Perfection 1250)!! *sigh* I should of checked up on it when I
> bought it. Oh
>well....................................... Thanks for any
> help!!!!!! ^_^
>
>Rachael

Ahh, but it does work.  Not at a 100% calibrated state mind you, but
I haven't had any great problems with the stuff I do.  Copies are
quite close to the same color to my experienced eye.  The only
quibble I have is that someplace in the conversion to drive an
epson photo 820, a just noticeable bleaching of the highlights
occurs by the time it gets back to the paper.  But, this also
occurs from my digital camera to the paper.

Now, to make it work, what distro/revision are you runnng, and since
some mobo's have busted usb chips (the early via chipsets are
hopeless)  toss that info back at us and somebody should help you
get going before too long.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M