[sane-devel] saned.man

Jochen Eisinger jochen.eisinger@gmx.de
Thu, 30 May 2002 13:29:25 +0200

--=.AGf7y02i'gR/A0

Hi,

[Andrei B.]
> I used the example shown for inetd.conf using tcpd directly, but it
> did not work because tcpd expected to find saned in /usr/sbin, while
> it was installed in /usr/local/sbin.
>
> I'd suggest to change the example for this case to reflect this by
> using the full pathname for saned.
Since the xinetd example contains the full pathname i think we can do
the same for the inetd example. However, the location of the tcpd binary
is fixed in the man-page. Can we assume ppl are smart enough to know
where their tcpd is installed to?

I think yes. If nobody objects I'd change this in the man-page tommorow.

regards
-- jochen

--
  "I'd rather die before using Micro$oft Word"
    -- Donald E. Knuth

  GnuGP public key for jochen.eisinger@gmx.de:
      http://penguin-breeder.org/?page=sigs (0x8AEB7AE3)

--=.AGf7y02i'gR/A0

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQE89g0W8OF76YrreuMRAoreAKDJcZc+/vf43HvHiZygUItj/qSIdQCfYakO
ZtccA7ZpLpXaNnsqVsmYju4=
=Lzss
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--=.AGf7y02i'gR/A0--