[sane-devel] mac os x usblib

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 08:41:19 -0500

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

Where did you get information about the mknod program? As long
as you don't have a driver that will hooks into this device
file, this will not work. By just using the device IDs from
Linux, you may interfere with another driver.=20

Again, this will not work! This is why libusb is used: You don't=20
need any device files. OS X is not Linux! It works differently.
You can actually use libusb on Linux without the device files,
this works with my sandbox code with the EPSON backend (not yet
in CVS). I assume that other backends with full support for
libusb also work the same way.

If you want to help, please get the USB documentation from
Apple and try to debug libusb.

Karl Heinz