[sane-devel] Custom Gamma Curves

Martin Collins martin@mkcollins.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:16:29 +0000

I find myself needing to use custom gamma curves with my Mustek
Paragon 1200 A3 Pro and Xsane. Am I right in thinking that if I select
the "Use custom gamma table" button Xsane sends its gamma settings to
the scanner? Or does it just use whatever is already in the scanner?
If the former; are there any plans for a curves tool in Xsane?
If the latter; is there any other way to get a curve into the scanner?

I had a look at gamma4scanimage but it only allows you to set 3 points
which is essentially the same as the histogram in xsane (except you
can't set separate RGB components). Also, it returned 255 for minin
whereas for the A3 Pro it should return 4095.

While I'm talking about Xsane there's a couple more features I'd like
to see:
 When I'm adjusting the IRGB components in the histogram tool it would
be nice to have the option of seeing just the selected components in
the preview.
 I would like to be able to save more than one setting as different
source materials require different gamma curves.

Cheers
	Martin