[sane-devel] Lexmark X83

Tue, 5 Nov 2002 22:33:05 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 12:25:49PM -0800, Dave Close wrote:
> I have confirmation from Lexmark that the X83 is not based on the same
> chip as the X73, though they did not tell me on what chip it is based.
> Firmware on the X83 is loaded at the factory and usually never loaded
> again (updates are possible). No firmware file is sent to the scanner
> on each use.

Well, too bad. At least we are sure now.

> BTW, Lexmark also says that, contrary to comments in the gt68xx files,
> there is not and has never been a model X70.

It's not the first time that a company doesn't know what she sells :-)
I don't have Lexmark scanners but I have a report from a user who
bought a Lexmark X70 in Germany (?). They are (were?) sold in
supermarkets e.g. "Plus". If you search for lexmark x70 in google you
will get some matches, mostly in German. These devices are the same as
X73, even the manuals and software has the label "X73".

I haven't listed the X73 as supported because nobody has reported
about that one until now. In comparison to the Mustek and Artec
scanners they don't seem top have sold many of those devices.

> They also advise that the firmware file name in the gt68xx.conf file
> for the X73 may not be right.

This one is also from the report of the X70 user.

Maybe I get more reports from X70/X73 users in the future.

Thanks for your information.