[sane-devel] Lexmark X83 and other models?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 21:01:39 +0100

I recommend to invest some more money and get an HP device. Not only
that ink from Lexmark is extremely expensive, but also HP's devices are
nearly completely supported. Only PC-assisted copying/faxing does not
work. Printing, scanning, photo-card access, stand-alone (without PC)
copying and faxing all works (on some Lexmarks copying and faxing only
works through Windows software).

See http://hpoj.sf.net/ to see how well the HP devices are supported. I
have the HP PSC 750 and 950 here and they work like a charm. These are
my test boxes which I use for developing printerdrake and packaging HPOJ
for Mandrake Linux.

In general, you should abvoid every multi-function device not from HP,
they all do not work better than "Partially".

    Till