[sane-devel] sheetfed scanner

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 23:43:21 +0100

Andrej Dobrota wrote:
> Is there any support for any of sheetfed scanner ??
>
>  From Andrej.

I am not aware of any "sheet fed only" scanner; but there is support for
ADFs in a number of backends.

This is the list of files I found running "grep ADF *c" run in the
backend source directory:

artec.c, avision.c, bh.c, canon.c, epson.c, fujitsu.c, hp.c, microtek.c,
microtek2.c, mustek.c, nec.c, plustek-usbscan.c, sharp.c, snapscan.c,
sp15c.c, umax.c.

The correspoding backends have probably at least partial support for an
ADF; a "grep -i adf sane-*" in the doc directory lists also the
matsushita backend.

Should we add some information about support of add-ons like ADFs or
transparency adapters to the *.desc files? Currently only snapscan.desc
mentions an ADF.

Abel