[sane-devel] SnapScan problem with Xsane and Mandrake 9.0 in Spanish

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:13:31 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 08:11:02AM +0000, fmorondo wrote:
> I've just installed Mandrake 9.0 in Spanish, and I'm unable to set my
> SnapScan 1212U for Xsane.I receive a "no hay dispositivos obtenibles"
> ("no available devices") error.

Mandrake 9 seems to be completely broken concerning the snapscan
backend. For some reason, they use "SnapScan" instead of "snapscan"
everywhere.

> When I launch Xsane, I found in /etd/sane.d a SnapScan.conf (notice the
> capital letters) file, empty. When I write it with the content of
> SnapScan.conf, I get no results.

If they didn't change the source code of sane, the backends always use
the lower case config files.

Edit dll.conf and rename "SnapScan" to "snapscan" in that file. This
one has bitten quite a few people until now.