[sane-devel] Canon: CanoScan N676U

Philippe Berini philippe@berini.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:39:45 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to use my CanoScan N676U under Mandrake 9.0.

I have downloaded sane-backends-1.0.9 and sane-frontends-1.0.9, plus
plustek-sane-0_44_10.

I read the doc and did the following, assuming it was correct:

I untarred first sane-backends into /usr/local, and secondly plustek-sane into
/usr/local/sane-backends.

Then, in /usr/local/sane-backend: configure, make, make install.
And in /usr/local/sane-backends-1.0.9/backend/plustek_driver: make all, make
install, make load.

I have the following error messages at the "make load" stage:

# make load
/sbin/modprobe pt_drv || exit 1
/lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/misc/pt_drv.o: init_module: Success
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/misc/pt_drv.o failed
modprobe: insmod pt_drv failed
make: *** [load] Erreur 1

The logs don't help me... any idea about it?

Thanks for any help.
--
Philippe