[sane-devel] Compilation error on Compaq Tru64

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:28:58 +0000

> I'm trying to compile sane-backends-1.0.9 on some of the HP test
> machines (see http://testdrive.hp.com/). Until now, the tests were
> rather successful. Compilation works on:

How the f... did you connect to them? I can't get a route to any of
the machines, neither from Britain nor from Germany. I've told them
100000 times, they don't respond.

> Tru64 Unix 5.1A/Alpha/cc:
>     Compilation results in:
>
> Looks like cc can't handle its own include file? Anyone any ideas?

I reported this one a while ago (just before the 1.0.9 release). I
thought it's just our installation of Tru64, but if even HP does it
wrong, then it probably isn't.

A while ago, a SunOS UltraSPARC here at university used to "I/O error"
on one of the backends -- reproducibly. I hate commercial software!

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/