[sane-devel] My Umax works well, now it hangs up?

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:19:43 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 02:04:57PM +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> >Thanks for testing. Could you please reenable hpsj5s in dll.conf and try
> >
> >SANE_DEBUG_HPSJ5S=255 scanimage -L
> >
> >and send us the output? Please mark where it freezes. So maybe we can
> >find out what's wrong.
> >

> See file in attachment

Thanks, but there is no output from the hpsj5s backend. Are you sure
that you also set

export SANE_DEBUG_HPSJ5S=255
?

> >Do you have any parport devices (e.g. printer) connected?
> >

> Yes, I have printer HP Laser Jet 1200.
> I just recall, that if I try scan in gimp, that sometimes printer
> suddenly start printing some "random" character. I think that it done
> some plugin I tested, but it look like now it was the hp driver from sane.

Maybe the detection code in hpsj5s doesn't work correctly. Either this
has to be fixed or hpsj5s disabled in dll.conf.