[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250

Karl F. Larsen k5di@zianet.com
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:13:36 -0700 (MST)

	Some progress has been made but still the subject scanner is not
working in Linux. I am using Red Hat 8 Linux which has the sane backend
version=1.0.8 and the subject scanner is connected to a USB port. With
earlier help I was able to assure that sane can find the scanner and
using "sane-find-scanner" got all the information I needed for the
/etc/sane.d/plustek.conf file.

	I read "man sane-plustek" 4 times. It said clear as a bell that
ALL I need in the file plustek.conf is 2 lines. Here is what I have now
on this computer:

# Plustek-SANE Backend configuration file
# For use with Plustek parallel-port scanners and
# LM9831/2/3 based USB scanners

[usb] 0x04b8 0x01f
device /dev/usb/scanner0

	It can't be much simpler than that, and that is what the man
page said to do. Alas when I try Xsane and scanimage it comes up with
"Can't find scanner".

	At this point I'm dead. I don't understand sane, and if the man
page is wrong then what is right? Since 0x04b8 means Epson do you think
sane is looking for Epson.conf? I only have plustek.conf in
/etc/sane.d/.

	VERY CONFUSING.