[sane-devel] Re: cvs.hungry.com down

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 09:48:51 -0500

On Sunday 17 November 2002 07:22, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>[Henning Meier-Geinitz]
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> SANE CVS seems to be down:
>
>Yes it did.  It should be better now.
>
>Thanks for letting me know. :-)
>
>Sorry for the unstable service.  I wish the power supply in
> California would start working properly. :(

While this is not supposed to be a place for politicals, I can't
resist an opportunity like this.

Frankly that isn't going to happen until Grey Davis and his NIMBY
attitude has been retired for long enough that his successor has
tried to fix it, I'd say about a year to get competively priced
power coming back into CA which will raise your bill by at least 5
cents a kwh, and 10 years to build enough of your own.  By then
you'll be up with the real world in costs and availabilty.
Legislating cheap power doesn't make it available, a fact Mr. Davis
seems to have slept thru in economics class.

Californians should convince Jesse Ventura from Minn to move out
there and run.

On that same subject, somehow our local power has been sold to out
of state conglomerates and I'm finding a big ups is a requirement
the last few years.  They keep fireing the field help that do
maintainance.  It took them 3 years to replace the blown lightning
arrestors on the substation pole for WDTV on Fisher Mtn.

And to get back on the lists topic, I've made iscan-1.4.0 run from
xsane and gimp again by moving all the correct data from
/etc/sane.d to /usr/local/etc/sane.d.  &^%$ RedHat!

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M