[sane-devel] CanoScan N1240U is working with plustek backend

Johann Philipp johann.philipp@web.de
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:58:24 +0100

Hi

I'm happy to post a definitely positive message: My CanoScan N1240U is
working with the plustek backend. Some details:
Scanner is a LM9833 based CIS type with 1200x2400dpi @ 48bit color depth,
Sane is version 1.0.9 taken from cvs yesterday,
adaptions were made only to plustek-devs.c and plustek.conf.
Great work, Gerhard! I have been working on a CanoScan backend within the
canonscanner project on sourceforge.net and were able to scan with it too.
But your version is much more flexible and stable.
I need to test some more on all the hardware settings, before I will provide
you with a "non-dangerous" patch for the N1240U. Also I hope to get the
calibration working, but there are a few questions open:

1) Basically the routines seem to work, but I need some more control on the
Y-positions / sizes of the white and black part of the calibration strip. As
far as I have seen, I cannot control this completely in plustek.conf. Can you
give some help, where and for what to start looking?
2) What for do you need the "black optical pixels" (regs 0x1c and 0x1d)
during calibration? Sniffed data says that my windows driver software never
uses these during calibration.

Greetings
Johann