[sane-devel] New to list - need help to understand sane

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:22:57 -0500

On Sunday 17 November 2002 12:49, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 10:37:15AM -0700, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>> Hi Bill, I think you have a usb scanner. If so look back about
>> one day on this list to a message from me with the title Scanner
>> Basics. It explains how I got my USB scanner working.
>
>Your article is nice but doesn't help in this case. If you read
> his email completely, you'll find out that his problem isn't the
> kernel driver or detection by SANE.
>
>See:
>> > When I try scanimage >image.pnm the console hangs. The trace
>> > shows write errors to the scanner
>
>So there is an i/o error when the scanner is accessed by control
>messages.
>
>Bye,
>  Henning

Humm, I've got an old tyan S1590 mobo in my gateway machine whose
usb chips can't handle anything more complex than a usb mouse.
Trying to run a scanner on it gets me a totally locked, hardware
reset only, machine.  Messy with ext2...

This smells like that same sort of a problem to me.  Karls too
maybe?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M