[sane-devel] Failing to scan over network

Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:02:18 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 11:45:04PM +0100, Steven Lowette wrote:
> > scanimage hp:/dev/scanner can't work. First, the option for setting
> > the device is -d.
>
> Actually it does work. But it's naughty not to follow the rules, so I will
> not do this anymore ;-)

It works because older versions of scanimage ignored arguments without
options. "scanimage foo_bar" would also work, I guess :-)

> Now the only problem that's left, is the fact that xsane doesn't recognize
> my scanner on the client side. If i run saned on the server, scanimage -L
> finds no scanners, if I run saned -d it does!

This sounds like the timing problem that was fixed in an earlier SANE
release (1.0.7 or 1.0.8?). Which version do you use?