[sane-devel] Linotype X-ray Scanner

Piernicola Oliva oliva@df.unipi.it
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:40:44 +0100

Hi,
I'm sorry for annoying you again, but I can't solve the problem.
I am using the command

 scanimage -d umax:/dev/sgb --source Transparency Adapter --resolution 300dpi
-l 30 -t 10 -x 175 -y 225 --depth 12

so I should obtain 12bit (in two byte) per channel per pixel.
But this is a picture of bytes (two for one channel) that I obtain:

00001001 - 10100000
00001010 - 11110000
00001000 - 00100000
00001001 - 01100000
00001010 - 10010000
00001000 - 01100000
00001001 - 10000000
00001010 - 10110000
00001000 - 10000000
00001001 - 11100000
00001010 - 11010000
00001000 - 11000000
00001001 - 11100000
00001010 - 11110000
00001000 - 10010000
00001001 - 10100000
00001010 - 11010000
00001000 - 01100000
00001001 - 10100000
00001010 - 11000000
00001000 - 00110000
00001001 - 10000000
00001010 - 10000000

as you can see, they 8 bits values shifted of 4 bits.
what happens?
Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you
Pier

--
    \        name:     Piernicola OLIVA
   o/\_      address:  Universita' degli Studi di Sassari