[sane-devel] Timing problem?

Steven Lowette Steven Lowette <slowette@vub.ac.be>
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:47:11 +0100 (MET)

>> Now the only problem that's left, is the fact that xsane doesn't
recognize
>> my scanner on the client side. If i run saned on the server, scanimage
-L
>> finds no scanners, if I run saned -d it does!

>This sounds like the timing problem that was fixed in an earlier SANE
>release (1.0.7 or 1.0.8?). Which version do you use?

I'm on a Debian system. And the stable Woody release uses 1.0.7. Would an
upgrade fix this?

when running saned, I get from scanimage:
[net] connect_dev: trying to connect to 192.168.0.1
[net] connect_dev: failed to connect (Connection refused)

Doing exactly the same, but with saned -d, gives a normal answer.

I'm a bit lost here...

Thanks for the help,
Steven.

To infinity, and beyond!