[sane-devel] About Gt6801 scanner

Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:24:59 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 09:29:22AM +0800, Dan wrote:
> Now I am trying to develop driver for Gt6801 chip scanner.

Which one? All GT-6801-based scanners I know about are supported by
the gt68xx-Backend (see
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/). If you have yet
another scanner that uses this chip, I would like to know about it. I
guess you should start with the gt68xx backend.

> But I have not Gt6801 chip specification, So i don't know how backend
> communicate with scanner. Who has documents about this?  Thanks

The only thing that seems to be available publically is the short
specification on:
http://www.sunnic.com.tw/components/grand%20tecrl/90_grandtech/1/grandtech_h_1_con.htm

The GT6816 specification goes into more detail, and those chips aren't
that different.

However, both of these files won't be very useful for you. What you
need, would be a specification of the firmware of your scanner,
because that's what you use when you communicate with the scanner.

I don't have a specification, but the Mustek code mentioned on my page
has at least a header file that describes the commands a little bit.