[sane-devel] USB scanning broken afte re-install

Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:39:20 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 03:24:58PM +0000, Nick Lindsell wrote:
> 	I had got my Epson 1260 scanner setup and working perfectly - the my
> 	hard drive went down so I have to start over.  But this time I cannot get
> the scanner to run - sane-find-scanner
> returns OK but scanimage -L does nothing and I get usb_control timeout
> messages in the syslog.

Ooops. Shouldn't happen. But:

> #cat /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
> net
> epson

This scanner is supported by the plustek backend, not the epson
backend. At least if you don't use Epson's own software (iscan).

> Nov 20 15:05:14 brighton-pier-01 kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

Well, it's a bulk message that times out. That's ok if you use the
wrong backend.