[sane-devel] libsane-dll.a - where is it?

Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:47:26 +0100

CC sane-devel, please always reply to the list, not to me.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 09:30:27PM +0000, Alexis wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 November 2002 9:18 pm, you wrote:
> > However, I'm surpised that two people come up with this during one
> > day. Nobody ever noticed that dangling symlink.
> >
> > Just out of curiosity: Why do you need it? Are you linking something
> > statically?
> >
> It is because I have been trying to get sane to work with the patch from
> Steven Ellis, and when it didn't work I went rummaging around in my system to
> see what is what.  I basically want to eliminate possible reasons why sane
> can't see my scanner at all -ie it says I don't have one.

Post more details, maybe someone else has an idea about what's wrong.

> Steven suggests it is a compiler problem.

So there is a compilation error?

> The scanner is a Primax Colorado 19200 usb, btw, reported to work.

Supported by which backend? Cant't find it anywhere.

> A missing library file seemed as good a place to start as any.  I can
> post some debugging output if you like.

Yes, please. If libsane.so (that's the shred lib that's usually used)
was really missing, you'd get a runtime linking error.

If one of the backend libraries can't be loaded, you'll find out like
that:

SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L