[sane-devel] More on FreeBSD 4.7 RELEASE, libusb-0.1.6a, Canon N650U...

Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:36:29 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 04:27:19PM +0200, Ryan Budge wrote:
> Well im fighting it out still.

Even if you get it detected, It may still not work reliably. At least
all the scanners I tested with (Free|Net|Open)BSD could scan only
once. After that I have to reboot. But I don't have the same scanner
you use.

Anyway:

> 1.	I recompiled my kernel and took out the uscanner driver.

Ok.

> 2.	On boot I get the scanner found by ugen0

Ok, too. Is it found by sane-find-scanner now?

> 3.	Changed plustek.conf to contain :
> [usb] 0x04a9 0x2206
> device libusb:001:002

The idea is ok, but I don't think the libusb device name is correct.
If I remember correctly, FreeBSD uses something like
"libusb:/deb/usb0:/dev/ugen?". Just use the name that is given by
sane-find-scanner.