[sane-devel] Help! - SANE broken on Debian sid

David McNab david@rebirthing.co.nz
22 Nov 2002 20:05:24 +1300

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 19:07, David McNab wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 18:56, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> David McNab <david@rebirthing.co.nz> writes:
> Did a large dist-upgrade, now SANE is broken.

Seems the new SANE added a couple of parport-based backends (I've got an
HP laser on parport). Deleted these from /etc/sane.d, all is well again.

> Hey, it [debian sid] is unstable.  If it breaks, you get to keep the pieces :-)

Hmm, I've noticed! :)

> Downgrade to testing?

Not an option. 'sid's catalogue is old enough as it is.

I'm grateful in a way, because it forces me to go a bit deeper into how
things are put together.

Can laugh now that my system's finally working.

Thanks again to SANE devs for such an indispensable piece of quality
linux desktop software. SANE is yet another reason why staying with
Windows is INSANE! :)

Cheers