[sane-devel] A3 size scanners

Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:01:37 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 05:48:56PM +0100, Rene Rebe wrote:
> > The config file uses "scsi FCPA". As you mention the SP 15C, does this
> > mean, that the sp15c backend is not longer necessary? Shouldn't all
> > these scanners be mentioned in avision.desc, at least as "untested"?
>
> I only noticed this by taking a look into a .dll file and found all
> the ID. So I added them also into my device list. I ask the maintainer
> of the backend for test - but IIRC he had no time so far.

The maintainer of the sp15c backend? That's Randolph Bentson. I
thought he has been missing in action since years now. You got a
response from him?

> From what I saw in the code - the used commands look rather
> familiar. So the backend might be no longer necessary. I'll add them
> as untested - and maybe we see some users which want to test this ;-)

Ok. Just out of curiosity: Are the other Fusjitsu scanners (supported
by the fujitsu backend) ssimilar or is this a completely different
kind of scanner?

> I'll also try if I can obtain such a scanner on eBay or so ...

That's also my source for older models :-)