[sane-devel] libsane-dll.a - where is it?

Alexis alexisc@tinyonline.co.uk
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:57:47 +0000

On Thursday 21 November 2002 9:26 pm, you wrote:

> > I have made the (perhaps erronous) assumption that sane would detect my
> > scanner even without the relevant patches, although it can't drive it.
> > This seems to not be the case however, (the Mandrake supplied rpm version
> > certainly doesn't), although an older sane picked up my cdr/w.
>
> sane-find-scanner should be able to find your scanner anyway.

It doesn't find anything!  Remembering I am not a developer, is there
anything I should be setting like environment or some sort of flag to enable
it?  (I can also relay the results back to Steven Ellis, creator of the patch
for the Primax range)

Is there some kind of loopback I can use to check if it works at all?
--
Alexis
Registered Linux User 276336.  The Penguin Rocks.