[sane-devel] Epson Gt-6000 Parallel Port Scanner under Red Hat

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:24:02 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 03:08:27PM +0100, Mauro Michielon wrote:
> but infortunately I'm already root user (you can see it in the log).
>
> I've no ideas, but maybe there should be something stupid that I miss to
> set, cause I read that GT-6000 works fine with other persons.

I'm not an epson expert...

Some general hints: Make sure, that no other backend interfers.
Remove/comment out everything but epson in dll.conf. Maybe the kernel
printer ddriver interfers with your scanner?
>From http://www.calsoft.de/~christian/Epson/ I get the impression that
using the internal parport can make trouble (in contrast to using the
Epson card). If you use the internal parport, check the SPP/EPP/SPP
setting.