[sane-devel] Looking for a backend?

Lloyd Brady lbrady@vtown.com.au
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 23:18:05 +0000

Hi all,

This is my first posting, and I'm very much a newbie to Sane - so much so=
 I=20
haven't even got it working yet!!

I've recently installed a Mitsubishi Diamond View usb scanner - DV650U - =
which=20
I notice is not on any of the Sane lists of supported scanners (works fin=
e in=20
the Windows partition, though). However, I was wondering if anyone may ha=
ve=20
had any experience with this model and could suggest a backend from anoth=
er=20
model that might substitute.

sane-find-scanner sees the scanner there - vendor =3D 0x04a5, product =3D=
 0x20b0 -=20
but xsane simply quits with "no devices found".

Regards,

Lloyd