[sane-devel] This is HOT (-plug related)

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 23:52:07 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 02:33:13PM -0500, François Desloges wrote:
> > I'm not a hotplug expert but I thing the usb.agent script jsut doesn't
> > know anything about the modules it loads. As far as I know the vendor=
> > product= options aren't used by every module so the usb,agent would
> > need to make a special exception for scanner.
> >
> > Bye,
> >   Henning
>
> That would be odd, you could not plug 2 scanners with different vendor/product
> IDS then, since there would be no way to tell the module ?
>
> Why then bother creating a ID-module relation db like the *map ?

If the maintainer of the USB scanner module would be faster in adding
additional ids to the kernel scanner driver, that wouldn't be a
problem ;-)

But you are right, you can only use one pair of vendor/product ids
with the scanner driver.

So in the case of more than one scanners that are not in the driver
yet, editing scanner.h and recompiling the kernel is necessary.