[sane-devel] This is HOT (-plug related)

Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:57:32 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:38:59PM -0500, François Desloges wrote:
> > If the maintainer of the USB scanner module would be faster in adding
> > additional ids to the kernel scanner driver, that wouldn't be a
> > problem ;-)
> >
> > But you are right, you can only use one pair of vendor/product ids
> > with the scanner driver.
> >
> > So in the case of more than one scanners that are not in the driver
> > yet, editing scanner.h and recompiling the kernel is necessary.
>
> Why not send such patch to lkml directly, this seems a trivial patch enough
> for Linus to apply it directly!

I'm not sure, if this works as there is a subsystem maintainer for USB
(gregkh) and a driver maintainer (Brian Beattie). What I did, was to
send the patches to the linux-usb-devel mailing list (and to Brian).
Looks like Greg will apply at least the addition of ids. For the other
issues, he seems to be waiting for comments from Brian who has been
quiet for some time now.