[sane-devel] Bug in 1.0.9 libusb support

Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:17:11 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:38:38AM +0900, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> Well, first a thank you, got my Canon fb636u scanner working on Max OS
> X 10.2.2 :)

Very good! I think you are the first one reporting a working USB
scanner on MacOS X!

> There appears to be a bug in the libusb support, patch follows.
> The in and out endpoints are being set to a value which has been &'ed,
> this is invalid.

Thanks, that was already fixed in CVS some time ago. Looks like the
Linux part of libusb checks for the correct direction flag but the
other platforms don't.

> I also had to make some build changes as the build all static option
> didn't seem to work for me, had to add -module to the makefile.in in
> the backend dir, but as this is not portable, am not including it here.

Please describe exactly, what you did. Didn't shared libraries and
dynamic loading (the default) work? This was reported to work by
others. Some needed to change dll.c to use .dylib as postfix.

What didn't work with static linking and what do you mean by "-module"?
We can add platform-specific flags to configure.in, if necessary.