[sane-devel] Re: Darwin/MacOSX

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 06:47:54 -0500

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

It's possilbe that it's not a problem with Sane. There are two other systems
involved: libusb and Darwin. My plan is to replace libusb with some code th=
at
talks to the Darwin USB functions directly. I started this some time ago, a=
nd
the first result was that I found a bug in Sane (which is fixed in CVS).=20
Somebody reported success yesterday or the day before with a Canon scanner
under OS X. Henning asked for more information, but I have not seen anything
yet.

The libusb device name (-7:002) is OK, that's just the way Darwin numbers
it's USB buses.

Karl Heinz