[sane-devel] Did backends get dropped recently?

Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:09:46 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 03:51:36PM +0000, David Hostetler wrote:
> I have been trying to figure out a problem getting my Microtek ScanMaker 3700
> working under Mandrake 9.0 / Sane 1.0.8 (as packaged my Mandrakesoft) and
> Sane 1.0.9 from source. The problem is that the sm3600 backend appears to be
> missing. Am I just being dense here or did that backend go away for some
> reason?

No backend has ever been removed from SANE as far as I know. Just have
a look at backend/sm3600*. If it isn't there, you don't have the
original sources from mostang.com.

> I don't remember the version of SANE that came with Mandrake 8.2, but
> my scanner worked great on that version, but for some reason it doesn't want
> to play nice now...
> Any help finding my poor lost backends would be appreciated... (you know that
> looks rather odd).

So the backend is not installed when you built sane-backends from
source? Check the configure output, it's mentioned there. A reason for
this may be that you don't have libus 0.1.6 and its headers installed.