[sane-devel] Canon: CanoScan N676U

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Nov 13 23:12:05 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:25:15PM +0100, Philippe Berini wrote:
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x220d) at /dev/usb/scanner0
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x220d [CanoScan]) at
> libusb:001:003

Ok.

> > If it isn't, the kernel scanner driver probably hasn't detected it
> > correctly. If it has, try scanimage -L. if that doesn't work, edit
> > plustek.conf and check that "device /dev/usbscanner" point to the
> > correct device (printed by sane-find-scanner).
>
> However scanimage -L doesn't work. Sorry about the stupid question, but what
> do you mean "check that "device /dev/usbscanner" point to the
> correct device " ?

Well, "device /dev/usbscanner" is the default entry in plustek.conf.

> In plustek.conf, I have the following:
>
> [usb] 0x04a9 0x220d
> /dev/usb/scanner0

Add  a "device" before /dev/usb/scanner0. You won't need the vendor
and prouct ids. Are you sure that you edit the correct plustek.conf
file? That one looks like an older one. If you compiled sane-backends
yourself, the file should be in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/.

> and also: device /dev/usbscanner

Use only one entry.

[usb]
device /dev/usb/scanner0

> Finally, do I have a problem with hotplug? Here are my logs:

No idea. Looks like Mandrake-specific. But as sane-find-scanner works,
the scanner is detected correctly.