[sane-devel] OT - RFC: Article about SANE and scanning

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sun Nov 17 20:53:23 GMT 2002

I'm preparing an article about SANE, XSANE, ImageScan!, VueScan,
QuiteInsane and a few other tools, all related to scanning under Linux
for publication (can't say where yet).  I have an outline and quite a
bit of notes - I also use much of the software daily with my Epson
Perfection 1260.  I've been following the recent discussion on Scanner
Basics which, incidently, mirrored much of my own work when getting my
Epson up an running a month or so ago.

If anyone would like to offer their own 2 cents on the subject, please
feel free to drop me a line at  <sane at graphics-muse.com>.  I can't
promise to use it all, but I'll use whatever I can squeeze into about
2800 words (the limit for this article).

BTW, I'm quite impressed with how far along SANE and the rest of the
scanning software has come in the past few years.  Well done!

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  The secret of the universe is @*&^^^ NO