[sane-devel] Cannon N650U, sane 1.0.9, libusb 1.6a, FreeBSD 4.7 RELEASE, KERNEL PANIC and a PAGE FAULT

Ryan Budge ryan at smarthand.co.za
Mon Nov 18 21:06:56 GMT 2002

Hi All.

Hope that I can get some joy :-( .  Some of this may be OT.  But please
bare with me. All files are in the attachment

1. I installed sane-backends-1.0.9 from the ports and all went well.

2. "scaimage -version" yields 1.0.9. so all is well.

3. "scanimage -d test -T" works fine, passes all tests.

4. I have used the little program for linux scanners that was mentioned
on the list in July and that seemed to work ok.  At least on the comm's
side.

5. If I use the libusb driver I get nothing working and cant open the
device.

6. if I use the kernel driver I get a page fault and a kernel panic.

7. I tried adding some of the config to usbd.conf but it dumps core ?

Any ideas ?

Has __ANYONE__ got a usb scanner to work in a similar environment ?

Thanks for the help ! And thanks to all the developers on the list who
give up their time!

Regards,
Ryan Budge
e-mail : ryan at smarthand.co.za