[sane-devel] libsane-dll.a - where is it?

Alexis alexisc at tinyonline.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 20:47:12 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 9:47 pm, you wrote:
> > > However, I'm surpised that two people come up with this during one
> > > day. Nobody ever noticed that dangling symlink.
> > >
> > > Just out of curiosity: Why do you need it? Are you linking something
> > > statically?
> >
> > It is because I have been trying to get sane to work with the patch from
> > Steven Ellis, and when it didn't work I went rummaging around in my
<snip>
> > The scanner is a Primax Colorado 19200 usb, btw, reported to work.
>
> Supported by which backend? Cant't find it anywhere.

The backend is provided by the patch supplied by Steven.  For more info look
here:    http://viceo.orcon.net.nz
There is also a patch for the kernel and some support files.

> > A missing library file seemed as good a place to start as any.  I can
> > post some debugging output if you like.

The snippet of output attached is the same I sent to Steve, the viceo stuff
is what is supposed to support my scanner.  There did not appear to be any
other errors.  I had plenty of warnings at build time but no errors, not that
I particularly looked, and experience says not to worry about warnings.

I have made the (perhaps erronous) assumption that sane would detect my
scanner even without the relevant patches, although it can't drive it.  This
seems to not be the case however, (the Mandrake supplied rpm version
certainly doesn't), although an older sane picked up my cdr/w.

--
Alexis
Registered Linux User 276336.  The Penguin Rocks.