[sane-devel] Looking for a backend?

Lloyd Brady lbrady at vtown.com.au
Tue Nov 26 23:18:05 GMT 2002

Hi all,

This is my first posting, and I'm very much a newbie to Sane - so much so I
haven't even got it working yet!!

I've recently installed a Mitsubishi Diamond View usb scanner - DV650U - which
I notice is not on any of the Sane lists of supported scanners (works fine in
the Windows partition, though). However, I was wondering if anyone may have
had any experience with this model and could suggest a backend from another
model that might substitute.

sane-find-scanner sees the scanner there - vendor = 0x04a5, product = 0x20b0 -
but xsane simply quits with "no devices found".

Regards,

Lloyd