[sane-devel] Darwin/MacOSX

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Nov 28 09:41:37 GMT 2002

Hi John Doe,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:20:17AM +0100, John Doe wrote:
> are there any success with Darwin/MacOSX?

See the list archive. At least one person was able to scan using a USB
scanner. Some people seem to have trouble with dynamic loading, others
with static linking. Nobody has sent patches for the linking problems
(if there are any) until now.

> If not, can I help!!

That's good. Check what's wrong with building SANE. Report that to the
list. Write code that fixes is (without messing with other platforms
:-))

> OK I?m a newbie but If somebody need some things you can say!!
> Today I have take the actual version from CVS but it doesn?t work!!

Oh, so your computer exploded? :-) Please give some details what
exactly didn't work. Have a look at README.darwin and TODO for known
issues.