[sane-devel] USB scanners page.

Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:18:55 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 10:25:28PM +0100, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> I have just uploaded another update based on the responses so far.
> If people could take another look. Comments on spelling and grammar
> are also welcome, Agfa has been spelled Afga for the last three years...
> until someone pointed the error out last week.

Here are the details about the "Artec Ultima 2000" USB scanner:

Two different scanners have been sold under this name: One
with vendor id 0x05d8 product id 0x4002 uses a GT-6801 is supported by
the gt68xx backend (http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/).

The other one has vendor id  0x05d8 and product id 0x4001 and is NOT
supported by the gt68xx backend. It has the following chips: WINBOND
W6662CF ("12-Bit Analog Front End for Scanner Application"), POWERVISION
PV108630-C2L (maybe parport to USB converter?), ATC 93LC46 (EEProm?),
and two smaller ones. The chips look similar to that reported on
http://umax1220u-sane.sourceforge.net/index.php?ScannerChipsets .
Maybe the scanner is or can be supported by that backend.