[sane-devel] Proposal for device lists

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@gmx.de
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:15:01 +0200

--------------Boundary-00=_1PLOUK2NUBJMDA6TEXFJ

I checked the new search engine today - very well done!

It has a feature I missed in the sane-backends list: now there is one sta=
tus=20
field per scanner type and not only one per backend. I had the problem th=
at=20
my (microtek2) backend supports a lot of scanner models, but not all mode=
ls=20
are supported stable - there are alpha and beta states as well. So I didn=
't=20
dare setting the whole backend to beta or stable.

I attach an updated microtek2.desc where I put the status info per scanne=
r in.=20
Is the assumption right, that if I don't specify a status for a particula=
r=20
scanner the backend status entry will be used?

Regards

Karsten

On Monday 30 September 2002 19:41, Jochen Eisinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [Henning]
>
> > Yet another related topic: It would be great to have some sort of
> > database generated from the .desc files. So a user could use the WWW
> > to search for his scanner. E.g with search boxes for Manufacturer,
> > bus-type and model name. The output would be all we now about the
> > model including backedn and manufacturer links and by which version
> > it's supported. Eg, first check stable, then cvs, then external
> > drivers.
> >
> > Can anyone do this?
>
> Yes, me... i'll set this up at
> http://sane.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/scanner.pl in some hours or mayb=
> tommorow
>
> regards
> -- jochen

--------------Boundary-00=_1PLOUK2NUBJMDA6TEXFJ

;
; SANE Backend specification file
;
; It's basically emacs-lisp --- so ";" indicates comment to end of line.
; All syntactic elements are keyword tokens, followed by a string or
;  keyword argument, as specified.
;
; ":backend" *must* be specified.
; All other information is optional (but what good is the file without it?).
;

:backend "microtek2"              ; name of backend
:version "0.95"                   ; version of backend
:status :alpha                    ; :alpha, :beta, :stable, :new
:manpage "sane-microtek2"         ; name of manpage (if it exists)
:url "http://karstenfestag.gmxhome.de"

:devicetype :scanner              ; start of a list of devices....

:mfg "Microtek"                   ; name a manufacturer
:url "http://www.microtek.com/"
:model "ScanMaker E3plus"
:interface "Parport"
:status :stable
:model "ScanMaker E3plus"         ; name models for above-specified mfg.
:interface "SCSI"
:status :stable
:model "ScanMaker X6"
:interface "SCSI"
:status :stable
:model "ScanMaker X6EL"
:interface "SCSI"
:model "ScanMaker X6USB"
:interface "USB"
:status :beta
:model "ScanMaker V300"
:interface "SCSI"
:status :beta
:model "ScanMaker V300"
:interface "Parport"
:status :beta
:model "ScanMaker V310"
:interface "SCSI"
:model "ScanMaker V310"
:interface "Parport"
:model "ScanMaker V600"
:interface "SCSI"
:model "ScanMaker V600"
:interface "Parport"
:model "ScanMaker 330"
:interface "SCSI"
:model "ScanMaker 630"
:interface "SCSI"
:model "ScanMaker 636"
:interface "SCSI"
:status :stable
:model "ScanMaker 9600XL"
:interface "SCSI"
:comment "only flatbed mode ?"
:model "Phantom 330CX"
:interface "Parport"
:status :stable
:model "SlimScan C3"
:interface "Parport"
:status :stable
:model "Phantom 636"
:interface "SCSI"
:status :stable
:model "Phantom 636CX"
:interface "Parport"
:status :stable
:model "SlimScan C6"
:interface "USB"
:status :stable
:model "ScanMaker V6USL"
:interface "SCSI"
:status :stable
:model "ScanMaker V6USL"
:interface "USB"
:status :stable
:model "ScanMaker X12USL"
:interface "SCSI"
:comment "only 8bit color, work in progress"
:status :alpha

:mfg "Vobis"
:url "http://www.vobis.de/"
:model "HighScan"                 ; name models for above-specified mfg.
:interface "SCSI"
:comment "only E3plus based models"
:status :stable

:mfg "Scanport"