[sane-devel] Using VMWare to create backend for Visioneer 6200

Michael G. Manry mgm8283@users.sourceforge.net
09 Oct 2002 06:26:18 -0600

Hi all,

The only thing that is keeping me chaned to Micro$oft is my USB
Visioneer 6200.  Linux sees it, reports it is there, but no SANE
backend.  I installed Windows 98 into VMWare running in Linux, and it
(along with the scanning software I installed) works with the scanner.
Can I just monitor the USB port in Linux to see what handshaking, etc
goes on and use this information to create a backend?

I'm not up to speed on either USB protocol or SANE backends, but if this
is a good direction to resolve the scanner issue I'll learn.

V/R,
michael