[sane-devel] dc240 only works with GCC

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:50:32 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 06:50:14PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I just discovered this code when trying to find out why the CVS
> version of sane-backends fail to compile on HP/UX using the native
> compiler.

That's interesting because nobody has noticed until now. dc240 is in
sane-backends since 1.0.5. Maybe all the systems that were used to
test don't have libjpg so dc240 wasn't even compiled.

> First of all, '#error' need a parameter to be ANSI C.  But the real
> problem is that '__attribute__((packed))' only work on GCC.  I suggest
> that this backend only is compiled when using GCC.  The real fix would
> be to rewrite this to be portable code.  I do not believe it is
> possible to get packed structs any portable way.
>
> Here is a patch to fix the typo and use the available PACKED macro.

I think it's ok to use the patch for this release. At least if Peter
doesn't come up with a good solution :-) The real issue can be fixed
later. I'll add a TODO entry.

By the way: what about the microtek2 issue? Can you post your patch
including the "missing line" (or if it's obvious, just commit it to
CVS)?