[sane-devel] Re: [Future] [Fwd: The bug of Canon-backends of SANE with Canocsan300 by ISA SCSI]

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:56:13 +0200

That's no problem:

Uninstall the SANE backends with

   rpm -e --nodeps sane-backends

Install "checkinstall":

   urpmi checkinstall

If this does not work, add a mirror carrying the contrib packages to
your rpmdrake/urpmi sources and try again.

Get sane-backends-1.0.9pre1 or better the current CVS when the CVS
server is back again (Use this version because I plan to package SANE
1.0.9 for Mandrake 9.0, especially because I made the Epson Perfection
1260 running together with the maintainer of the "plustek" backend). Add
your code which you havn't checked in yet and use "checkinstall" instead
of "make install" to make it easier to de-install this SANE version and
cleanly install anotherone.

Do not run "scannerdrake" any more now, and if you have a multi-function
device from HP also do not run "printerdrake". These programs try to
install the old packages again (and will choke due to the conflicts with
the SANE RPM which "checkinstall" has installed).

The xsane provided by Mandrake Linux works also with SANE 1.0.9. If the
"scanimage" and "xscanimage" do not work, switch to
sane-frontends-1.0.9pre1 the same way as with the sane-backends-1.0.9pre1.

   Till