[sane-devel] hp scanjet 5100c parport scanner

Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:46:33 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 11:20:50AM -0700, Al Mos wrote:
> I am having no luck in setting up my HP 5100c flatbed scanner.  I am running
> Sane 1.07 and it recognizes my scanner as follows:
>
> scanimage --list-devices
> device 'as6e:as6edriver' is a Artec AS6E flatbed scanner

Looks like you have the as6e driver module installed. That shouldn't
be necessary if you don't have this scanner.

> And that is it.  No pnm:0 or pnm:1.  No nothing.

That's ok. pnm shouldn't isn't listed since SANE 1.0.1.

> Is it possible the Artec driver is the right driver for my HP
> scanner?

I don't think so. It's supported by the HP backend.

> When I try scanning an image I get the message that it cannot locate
> a device.

I'm not an HP expert, but do you use the ppSCSI driver as mentioned in
the manpage (sane-hp)?