[sane-devel] "Tollyboy Products"

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:44:05 +0200

I have made all mailing lists on linuxprinting.org subscriber-only to
avoid spam getting onto the lists. If this guy is not subscribed (which
is probably the case) one could block him out by making the SANE
subscriber-only, too. If he subscribes to lists only to get spam onto
them, the list admin should unsubscribe him, and if the mailing list
software allows it, blacklist his address against re-subscribing.

It is very awkward for every list user to set up filter rules personally.

In addition, scanning problems can never be solved by auto-responders,
also they don't give any suggestion to make SANE better. Should postings
which are obviously from auto-responders be blocked out in general? At
least the sender domain "tollyboy.com" should be blocked.

You are explaining the exact steps how to set a filter rule which
deletes these mails (or does it even forward them automatically to
uce@ftc.gov?), but you don't tell which mail client you are using. My
Mozilla has no "Filter" pull-down menu (but also a filter dialog, but
this dialog has no auto-forwarding to uce@ftc.gov).

    Till