[sane-devel] SCSI Scanner attached to USB Port via Microtech

Mark Bucciarelli mark@easymailings.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 00:02:37 -0400

I have a HP ScanJet 5p scanner that is connected to a USB port via a Micr=
otech=20
USB/SCSI cable.  I can't figure out how to configure Sane so this will wo=
rk=20
and I would appreciate any guidance or pointers this list can offer.

sane-find-scanner sees it.  The Microtech device shows up in the usb devi=
ces=20
file.  The HP scanner shows up in the scsi devices file.  But scanimage c=
an't=20
see it.

#scanimage -L=20
No scanners were identified.
#scanimage -d "hp:/dev/scanner"
scanimage: open of device hp:/dev/scanner failed: Error during device I/O

#sane-find-scanner
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI processor "HP C5110A 3701" at device=20
/dev/scanner
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI processor "HP C5110A 3701" at device /dev/s=
g0
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI processor "HP C5110A 3701" at device /dev/s=
ga
#cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: C5110A           Rev: 3701
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TEAC     Model: CD-W224E         Rev: L.0C
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
#cat /etc/sane.d/hp.conf
scsi HP C5110A Processor 0 00 05 00
#cat /proc/usr/bus/usb/devices
[snip]
P:  Vendor=3D07af ProdID=3D0005 Rev=3D 1.00
S:  Manufacturer=3DMicrotech International, Inc.
S:  Product=3DUSB-SCSI-HD50
[snip]

I'm running RedHat 8.0, which includes scanimage 1.0.8.   Thank you.

Mark